The first thing I want to talk about is this reallllllly yummy rice I invented (or at least that's how I want to look at it). I call it "Delicious Cheesy Tomato Spinach Rice" and you can see it pictured below alongside a piece of seared Ahi and another small piece of Alaskan pollock.
- 1 pouch of frozen jasmine rice
- 2 fresh roma tomatoes diced
- 1.5 cups of baby spinach torn into small pieces
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced up small
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used a 6 cheese Italian blend)
- 3 Tablespoons light Italian salad dressing (I used Olive Garden Classic Light)
- nonstick spray for pan
- salt and pepper
- Microwave frozen rice according to package directions. For me this was 4 mins on high.
- Liberally spray a nonstick pan with olive oil spray, heat it up!
- Add diced onions with a small dash of salt, I used Lawry's seasoning salt. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add in diced roma tomatoes, saute with onions for about 2 minutes until the tomatoes become soft (and turn slightly darker).
- Add steamed rice to the pan and stir to evenly distribute rice, onion, and tomato.
- Add in torn spinach, shredded cheese, and Italian dressing. Stir well to mix.
- Place a lid on the pan to help quickly wilt the spinach and melt the cheese. (about 1-2 minutes)
- Top with fresh cracked black pepper and enjoy!