I know Sangria usually calls for either a standard dry white or red wine, but I chose to use a Moscato because I like my wine sweet and fruity. I also made this on the cheap - using a $5 bottle of wine and a $8 bottle of brandy (and a re-purposed Crystal Geyser water jug as my pitcher - BAM!) Also, I kicked up the brandy a notch, well maybe a few notches and used a full 8 ounces.... like the title says - it's SASSY!
Without further ado.... the recipe!
- 1 bottle Moscato (or wine of your choice!)
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 large navel orange (sliced thin)
- 1 small mandarin orange - juiced
- 1 lemon (sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (gives the sangria a nice light purple hue!)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda (I used Sierra Mist)
- Slice the orange and lemon into thin circles
- Chop the apple into small pieces (mine were about 3/4 inch)
- Add the apple, lemon, and orange to your pitcher (or re-purposed jug!)
- Peel a small circle off the top of the mandarin orange, then squeeze the orange juice from the orange (through your peeled out area) into the jug
- Pop open your wine and add it to the jug.
stir (oooooh! pretty colors!)
7. Pour about 1 cup of brandy into the mix
8. Cover with plastic wrap and let it chill and marinate for at least
30 minutes in the fridge
9. Top off with about 3 cups of fizzy soda, give it a final stir to
I'll be back in with some more fun later, but for now enjoy your Sangria! :)
Anyone else have an amazing sangria recipe to share?